Symposium: Exploring multidisciplinary research questions
Prof. Eline Slagboom (Leiden University Medical Center), Prof. Angelique Janssens (Radboud University), and drs. Niels van den Berg (Leiden University Medical Center) organize a symposium on Monday 4 November 2019 in Utrecht from 09:00 am until 12:45 pm.
The focus of this symposium is to fuel discussions on how to find novel ways to explore questions in biomedical and socio-behavioral research in historical/demographic data, epidemiological and biobank based studies and evolutionary biology. These different fields of expertise are very different and yet they touch on common interests in research questions and concepts of data analysis. We wish to explore options for novel multi-disciplinary research.
Speakers cover disciplines from (evolutionary) biology to the social sciences and history:
1. Prof. dr. Bas Zwaan (Wageningen University) - Linking the history of development to ageing
2. Prof. dr. Angelique Janssens (Radboud University/Maastricht University) - Short and miserable? Research on mortality and survival in historical life courses
3. Niels van den Berg, MSc (Leiden University Medical Center/Radboud University) - The heritability of longevity from a familial perspective
4. Prof. dr. Dorret Boomsma (Dutch Twin Register, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam) - Longitudinal and aging research in the Netherlands Twin Register
5. dr. Auke Rijpma (Utrecht University) - Data integration in the CLARIAH project
Note: We only have 10 spots left, so register quickly!